26&2 Teacher Certification Program by e84 ~ Monterrey, Mexico ~ March 2-21, 2021
REGISTRATION DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2020
This is a three week apprenticeship-style training for a small group of future hot yoga teachers. Our training is focused on learning how to effectively teach the 26&2 series with a set of thorough instructions that are memorized verbatim. This training is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified program and is directed by Esak Garcia. You will receive one-on-one mentorship from Esak and the e84 yoga team. Our training group caps at a maximum of 15 students, so all of our workshops, lectures, and classes will have an intimate feel. Our promise is to provide you with the training and support that you need to become a successful teacher of this powerful yoga sequence.
The Hot Room by e84 Yoga
Av. Ricardo Margain Zozaya 315, Santa Engracia, 66267 San Pedro Garza García, N.L., Mexico
Before your 3 weeks in Monterrey
- 2+ months of daily support from one of the e84 staff mentors to memorize the 26&2 teaching instructions
During your 3 weeks in Monterrey
- Teach a minimum of 4 classes to the public in English or Spanish
- 42+ hours of feedback, support, critique, and teaching workshops for the classes that you and the other trainees teach
- Guidance in responding to and caring for students before and after class
- Minimum of 2 hours of live sign-in time, where you are supported in signing-in students using studio software
- 18 x 26&2 classes led by teachers with anywhere from 5-50 years of teaching experience
- Trainees will take a total of 33 classes in 3 weeks
After your time in Monterrey
- Teaching practicum support. Prior to registration all students are required to make an arrangement to teach a minimum of two classes per week for a period of 3 months (a total of 24 classes). The e84 team will provide support and feedback during the teaching practicum. Although we will support you to make an arrangement for teaching after your time in Monterrey, each student is responsible for his/her own teaching agreements.
- Monthly video conference discussions during the teaching practicum to discuss 4 required reading assignments.
Accommodation and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own housing and transportation. There are numerous hotels and Airbnbs close to the studio. We will do our best to pair you with a roommate if you request one. The best way for people to move around Monterrey, when you require a vehicle, is by Uber or Didi (a Mexican version of Uber). These taxi services are very affordable. We recommend staying within bicycle or walking distance to the studio. Bicycles are easy to acquire.
$2900 USD ($200 of which is a non-refundable deposit)
What’s not included
- Cost for the 4 assigned books
- If flying, please arrive and depart from Monterrey International Airport (MTY)
- Arrive no later than March 1. We recommend arriving Feb 28th, to orient yourself, prepare your transportation, do shopping for the week, and be ready for the first day of training. If you plan to do something like acquire a bicycle, give yourself at least a day or in Monterrey to make this arrangement. Once the training begins we will have full days with little free-time.
- Depart no earlier than March 22. If you depart on March 21, you will miss the final graduation activities that happen at night
- Students may wish to stay 1 week longer to attend the e84 Immersion Week from March 22-27. Immersion Week is an opportunity to practice the e84 Intermediate class and the 84 asanas class.
- Graduation certificates will be issued for this program only after participants complete all of the training requirements, some of which happen after your time in Monterrey
- The complete list of graduation requirements are:
- Memorization of instruction set
- 3 weeks of training in Monterrey
- Post-training teaching practicum that consists of teaching 2 classes per week for 3 months
- Reading assignments of 4 books that were written by the creators and forebearers of the 26&2 sequence. The reading list will be distributed after you register
- 4-week practice challenge, which must be complete by March 20, 2021
- Once you complete your registration you will be contacted by one of the training staff who will be your mentor during your preparation process
- This is a small, apprenticeship-style training that will have a minimum of 6 students and a maximum of 15
A NOTE about COVID-19
The Hot Room by e84 follows strict social distancing and sanitization protocols that are mandated by the municipal government. Unless the COVID-19 pandemic worsens significantly and additional restrictions or mandatory closures are imposed, we will be able to successfully run this training and follow the current social distancing rules.