26&2 CERTIFICATION PROGRAM BY e84
This is a three-week intensive that is focused on learning how to effectively teach the 26&2 series. Our program is an intimate, apprenticeship-style training with a maximum of 15 participants. Students will receive a 200-hour Yoga Alliance teacher certificate once all the requirements are complete. During training, students will gain real teaching experience and receive mentorship from some of the most experienced teachers in the hot yoga world. Students will be provided an original set of thorough instructions that are to be memorized verbatim before arriving at training. We will work with you remotely during this process. This training is directed by Esak Garcia. Our promise is to provide high-quality training in a professional and respectful environment and to provide mentorship from a team of very experienced and skilled teachers. Students will leave ready to teach.
The Components of the 26&2 Certification Program
- To qualify for this training you must know the 26&2 hot yoga sequence and have a well-established practice.
- You must have a home studio that will endorse your character, recommend you to become a teacher, and offer to employ you with at least 2 classes per week for a practicum period of 3 months after training.
- Working closely with Esak Garcia and the e84 staff over a period of at least 3 months, you will memorize verbatim our 26&2 instruction set. This happens prior to arriving at training.. The e84 staff is made up of experienced hot yoga teachers, plus graduates from the 2-year e84 Teacher Training Diploma Program.
- Once your original instruction set is memorized, you’ll attend a 3-week immersion training during which you’ll teach between 4 and 12 classes to the public in a hot yoga studio that is open to the public. After each class you’ll receive feedback and take part in teaching workshops.
- Before receiving your teaching certificate, you must complete a teaching practicum which consists of teaching two classes per week for a period of three months (12 consecutive weeks). You must teach a minimum of 24 classes and you cannot complete this requirement in less than 12 weeks. We encourage you to teach as many classes as possible each week, but only two classes per week count toward fulfilling this requirement. If you teach less than two classes in any given week during the practicum, you must start over. Ideally, all classes you teach are 90-minute classes. If you teach 60-minute classes, three 60-minute classes is the equivalent of two 90-minute classes. You are only required to teach two classes per week, so if you teach 60-minute classes you may take longer to complete the practicum as long as you are teaching twice per week without interruption. You have 1 year to complete your practicum.
- You must read four assigned books. After the three-week in-person intensive training, we will discuss these books via Zoom conference.
- The final requirement for receiving your 26&2 teaching certificate is to complete a practice assignment of eleven 90-minute hot yoga classes per week for 4 consecutive weeks. For example, you could practice Mon-Fri 2 classes per day, 1 class on Saturdays, no class Sundays; or, you could do class every day with 3 days of doubles per week. You may break up the classes however you choose, but it must add up to 11 per week.
What else is included in the 26&2 Certification Program by e84
- One-on-one work with a mentor from the e84 staff to help you memorize your teaching instructions
- Teach between 4-12 live classes to the public during training
- 30+ hours of feedback, support, critique and teaching workshops for the classes that you and the other trainees teach
- 24+ hours of posture technique workshops
- 10 hours of yoga anatomy lecture, plus 10 hours of remote yoga anatomy study
- A 3-hour course on voice and public speaking
- Guidance in responding to and caring for students before and after class
- 12+ hours of community and professional development
- 18 classes led by experienced 26&2 teachers
- Trainees will take a minimum of 35 classes in 3 weeks
Q & A
A: Yes, this training is open to anyone and is a stand alone training.
Q: Can my 4 weeks of 11 classes per week coincide with the 26&2 training?
A: No, you must complete your 4-week practice requirement within 3 months before attending the in-person training. This is intentional because part of your training process is developing your own physical practice. Your increased practice will make you a better teacher, and maintain the practice standard that already exists for teachers of 26&2.
Q: When I am completing the requirement to practice 11 times a week for 4 weeks, do e84 Intermediate classes and 84 Asana classes count?
A: No, only 26&2 classes count for this challenge.
If you are already a 26&2 hot yoga teacher or if you have a well established hot yoga practice and you are interested in teaching intermediate and advanced hot yoga classes, check out the e84 Training.