e84 Training ~ Cabeceiras de Basto, Portugal ~ May 10-June 8, 2021
This is a month-long training during which you’ll learn techniques for practicing and leading the 84-asana sequence, often called the “advanced class.” You’ll also learn to practice and lead the 90-minute e84 Intermediate class. Our asana practice will be accompanied by an inquiry into non-physical yoga via an introduction to Jnana yoga and a survey of yoga history and influential yoga texts. This training is a stand-alone course that comprises a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certification. It is also the first step towards earning a 500-hour e84 Teacher Diploma.
Cabeceiras de Basto, Portugal
- 28 days of training with Esak Garcia and supporting staff
- Jedi training techniques to develop strength and flexibility
- Applied Anatomy study
- Introduction to Jnana yoga
- Introduction to seated meditation, mantra, and chanting
- Kriya yoga conscious breathing exercises
- Post-training teacher placement and support from the e84 Team as you bring the e84 Intermediate class and the 84 class to your community
- Post-training, bi-weekly conference calls that provide community support as you lead the e84 Intermediate class and the 84 class
All interested yogis with a foundation in hot yoga are encouraged to apply for this training. Being a teacher of 26&2 is not mandatory to participate in this training, however it is important if you desire to be a hot yoga teacher. All participants must have a strong foundation in the hot yoga 26&2 sequence (known as “Bikram Yoga”) and a sincere desire to expand upon that foundation. NOTE: People who are already 26&2 teachers will receive a 200-hour Yoga Alliance teaching certificate upon the completion of this course. People who are not 26&2 teachers will receive an e84 certificate. Later, if you become a 26&2 teacher, the e84 certificate will be converted into a Yoga Alliance certificate. Further, non-26&2 teachers will have additional requirements to complete before coming to e84 training. These requirements will be emailed to you after you submit your application.
We will be hosted at the beautiful D’Alijo Retreat Center, situated on three hectares of rolling hills and terraced land, complete with an olive grove and large gardens. D’Alijo consists of a main house with five bedrooms, five wooden chalet style rooms with outdoor verandas, and several luxury cabins. There are 2 heated swimming pools, water features, a peaceful meditation cave, and a custom built hot room on site. Three meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) are included in the price of accommodation.
We invite you to determine the value of this training and to make your payment an offering. This is not the same as “pay by donation” or “pay what you can afford”. We simply ask you to determine the value of your experience by naming your own price. After your application is approved, you will pay for your accommodation and food costs directly to D’Alijo, which will secure your place in the training. This covers your room, 3 meals per day, all necessary mats/towels, daily yoga wear laundry, full use of the facilities, and a round-trip transfer from Porto Airport (OPO). At the end of the month, you will be asked to make your payment for the yoga training itself to e84 yoga.
Costs paid to D’Alijo
- € 3155 – 2 person shared room with a shared bathroom (this room has 2 beds)
- € 3550 – Private room with a shared bathroom
- € 3710 – Private room with a private bathroom
- € 3869 – Luxury private room with a private bathroom
- Please arrive and depart from Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport (Porto Airport) (OPO)
- Arrive on May 10
- Depart on June 8
- Training days are May 11-June 7