26&2 Teacher Certification Program By e84 ~ Auckland, New Zealand ~ October 10, 2021 – April 30, 2022
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
This is a thorough apprenticeship-style training for a small group of future hot yoga teachers. Our training is focused on learning how to effectively teach the 26&2 series with a set of thorough instructions that are memorized verbatim. This training is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified program and is directed by Esak Garcia and Rebeckh Burns. The training is divided into three parts: 1) one-on-one coaching for memorizing instructions over a period of three months beginning October 10, 2021. 2) A three week intensive training in Auckland, from January 10-30, 2022, during which each student teaches a minimum of 4 classes to the public, and as a group we study posture technique, teaching skills, voice and public speaking, anatomy and physiology, and yoga philosophy. 3) a three month practicum period from Jan 31-April 30, 2022 during which each student teaches 2 classes per week to the public. All of our workshops, lectures, and classes will have an intimate feel. Our promise is to provide you with the training and support that you need to become a successful teacher of this powerful yoga sequence.
Hot Yoga Works
13 Commerce Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- 3 months of daily support from one of the e84 staff mentors to memorize the 26&2 teaching instructions
- Teach a minimum of 4 classes to the public
- 40+ hours of teaching feedback, support, critique, and workshops on teaching skills
- Guidance in responding to and caring for students before and after class
- Minimum of 2 hours of live sign-in time, where you are supported in signing-in students using studio software
- 18 X 26&2 classes led by teachers with anywhere from 5-50 years of teaching experience
- Trainees will take a minimum of 35 classes in 3 weeks
- Teaching practicum support (Prior to registration all students are required to make an arrangement to teach a minimum of two classes per week for a period of 3 months – a total of 24 classes). The e84 team will provide support and feedback during the teaching practicum. Although we will support you to make an arrangement for teaching after your time in Auckland, each student is responsible for his/her own teaching agreements.
- Monthly video conference discussions during the teaching practicum to discuss 4 required reading assignments.
Accommodation and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own housing and transportation. There are numerous hotels and Airbnbs close to the studio. We will do our best to pair you with a roommate if you request one.
Early bird until September 10, 2021 $4499.00 NZD
Students will submit a $300 USD non-refundable deposit upon completion of their training application to hold their spot. This deposit is part of the training fee and will be deducted from the balance due.
What’s not included
- Cost for the 4 assigned books
Travel info (in case you will travel to attend the 3 week intensive from January 10-30)
- Arrive and depart from Auckland International Airport (AKL)
- Arrive no later than January 9.
- Depart no earlier than January 31. If you depart on January 30, you will miss the final activities that happen at night
- Graduation certificates will be issued for this program only after participants complete all of the training requirements, some of which happen after your time in Auckland
- The complete list of graduation requirements are:
- Memorization of instruction set
- 3 weeks of training in Auckland
- Post-training teaching practicum that consists of teaching 2 classes per week for 3 months
- Reading assignments of 4 books that were written by the creators and forebearers of the 26&2 sequence. The reading list will be distributed the 3-week immersion in Auckland
- 4-week practice challenge, which must be complete by April 30, 2022
- Once you complete your registration you will be contacted by one of the training staff who will be your mentor during your preparation process
To complete your registration, please submit a $300 USD non-refundable deposit. We will not receive your registration without a deposit. After submitting your deposit, your balance for the training is $2699, and is due in full 7 days after you submit this application. All payments beyond the $300 USD deposit are non-refundable and transferable ONLY to a future 26&2 training. This is a STRICT payment policy that reflects the commitment needed from all students who apply. Trainees will work extensively with a mentor prior to arriving in Auckland. If you withdraw and transfer your payment to a future training after beginning work with your mentor, you may have to pay a mentor’s fee for the work that needs to be repeated. In the event that we must postpone this training due to COVID-19 or other unanticipated events, your payment will be transferred to the next training, and you will be charged the mentor’s fee for repeated work.
Please make sure that you understand all the requirements of this training as they are quite thorough. After you submit this form, you’ll receive a registration confirmation email with additional information. Once we receive your registration, you will begin your preparation right away. We look forward to working with you.