26&2 Teacher Certification Program by e84 ~ Boulder, CO ~ November 1, 2021- May 23, 2022
REGISTRATION DEADLINE November 1, 2021
This is an apprenticeship-style training for a small group of future hot yoga teachers. Our training is focused on learning how to effectively teach the 26&2 series with a set of thorough instructions that are memorized verbatim. This training is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified program and is directed by Esak Garcia with Radha Garcia as the most senior assistant teacher.
The training is divided into three parts: 1) Pre training mentorship that consists of one-on-one coaching for memorizing instructions over a period of three months beginning November 1, 2021. Plan to dedicate 2 hours per day during the mentorship part of this training. 2) A three week intensive training in Boulder, CO from February 2-22, 2022, during which each student teaches a minimum of 4 classes to the public, and as a group we study posture technique, teaching skills, voice, public speaking, anatomy, physiology, and yoga philosophy. 3) A three month practicum period from Feb 23-May 23, 2022 during which each student teaches 2 classes per week to the public.
You will receive one-on-one mentorship from Esak and the e84 yoga team. Our training group caps at a maximum of 15 students, so all of our workshops, lectures, and classes will have an intimate feel. Our promise is to provide you with the training and support that you need to become a successful teacher of this powerful yoga sequence.
Boulder Bikram Yoga
3035 Sterling Cir, Suite A
Boulder, CO, USA, 80301
Before your 3 weeks in Boulder
- 3 months of daily support from one of the e84 mentors to memorize the 26&2 teaching instructions
During your 3 weeks in Boulder
- Teach 4-12 classes to the public
- 30+ hours of feedback, support, critique, and teaching workshops for the classes that you and the other trainees teach
- 24+ hours of posture technique workshops
- Guidance in responding to and caring for students before and after class
- 18 classes led by senior teachers with anywhere from 5-50 years of teaching experience
- A 10-hour anatomy course
- A 3-hour course on voice and public speaking
- 12+ hours of community and professional development
After your time in Boulder
- Teaching practicum support. Prior to registration all students are required to make an arrangement to teach a minimum of two classes per week for a period of 3 months (a total of 24 classes). The e84 team will provide support and feedback during the teaching practicum. Although we will support you to make an arrangement for teaching after your time in Boulder, each student is responsible for his/her own teaching agreements.
- Opportunity to teach online classes as part of your teaching practicum
- 4 required reading assignments from authors in the hot yoga lineage
- 4 video conferences to discuss the reading assignments and the teaching practicum
Accommodation and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own housing and transportation. There are numerous hotels and Airbnbs close to the studio. We will do our best to connect you with other members of the training for shared housing purposes upon your request.
$2999 USD ($300 of which is a non-refundable deposit)
What’s not included
- Cost for the 4 assigned books
- If flying, please arrive and depart from Denver International Airport (DEN)
- Arrive no later than February 1. We recommend arriving a couple days early to acclimate and be ready for the first day of training. Once the training begins we will have full days with little free-time.
- Depart no earlier than February 23. If you depart on February 22, you might miss part of the final activities and jeopardize your completion of the program. Any missed activities will have to be made up with a future training group prior to graduation.
- Graduation certificates will be issued for this program only after participants complete all of the training requirements, some of which happen after your time in Boulder.
- The complete list of graduation requirements are:
- 4-week practice challenge, which must be complete by February 1, 2022
- 3-month pre-training mentorship to study and memorize the teaching instructions
- Oral exam to demonstrate your ability to use the memorized instructions. You must pass an oral exam at training, people who don’t pass the exam will be required to take it again post training prior to receiving the graduation certificate.
- 3-week training intensive in Boulder, Colorado
- Teach a minimum of 4 classes during our 3-week intensive
- Post-training teaching practicum that consists of teaching 2 classes per week for 3 months
- Reading assignments of 4 books that were written by the creators and forebearers of the 26&2 sequence. The reading list will be distributed after the training intensive in Boulder.
- Once you complete your registration you will be contacted by one of the training staff who will be your mentor during your preparation process
- This is a small, apprenticeship-style training that will have a minimum of 5 students and a maximum of 15
To complete your registration, please submit a $300 non-refundable deposit. We will not receive your registration without a deposit. After submitting your deposit, your balance for the training is $2699, and is due in full 7 days after you submit this application. You will begin your preparation process for the training immediately. All payments beyond the $300 deposit are non-refundable and transferable ONLY to a future 26&2 training. This is a STRICT payment policy that reflects the commitment needed from all students who apply. Trainees will work extensively with a mentor prior to arriving in Boulder. If you withdraw and transfer your payment to a future training after beginning work with your mentor, you may have to pay a mentor’s fee for the work that needs to be repeated. In the event that we must postpone this training due to COVID-19 or other unanticipated events, your payment will be transferred to the next training, and you will be charged the mentor’s fee for repeated work.
Please make sure that you understand all the requirements of this training, as they are quite thorough and strict. After you submit this form, you’ll receive a registration confirmation email with additional information. Once we receive your registration, you can begin your preparation right away. We look forward to working with you.