26&2 TT Led by Sallie Schullinger-Krause ~ Rutland, Vermont ~ MARCH 17 – APRIL 6, 2024
This is a thorough apprenticeship-style training for a small group of future hot yoga teachers. Our training is focused on learning how to effectively teach the 26&2 series with a set of thorough instructions that are memorized verbatim. This training is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified program led in-person by Sallie Schullinger-Krause, and directed by Esak Garcia. The training is divided into three parts:
1) one-on-one coaching for memorizing instructions over a period of three months beginning December 15, 2023. Students communicate via email with their mentor, and meet their training group once per week on Zoom.
2) A three week intensive training in Rutland, Vermont, from March 17-April 6, 2024 during which each student teaches a minimum of 4 classes to the public, and as a group we study posture technique, teaching skills, voice and public speaking, anatomy and physiology, and yoga philosophy. All of our workshops, lectures, and classes will have an intimate feel. Our promise is to provide you with the training and support that you need to become a successful teacher of this powerful yoga sequence.
3) a three month practicum period from April 7-July 7, 2024 during which each student teaches 2 classes per week to the public for 13 consecutive weeks (26 classes in total.)
True Yoga Vermont
22 Wales St, Rutland, VT 05701, USA
- 3 months of daily support from one of the e84 staff mentors to memorize the 26&2 teaching instructions
- Weekly memorization review calls with your class via Zoom
- Teach a minimum of 4 classes to the public
- 24 hours of Posture Clinic
- 40+ hours of teaching feedback, support, critique, and workshops on teaching skills
- Guidance in responding to and caring for students before and after class
- Minimum of 2 hours of live sign-in time, where you are supported in signing-in students using studio software
- 18 X 26&2 classes led by experienced teachers
- Trainees will take a minimum of 35 classes in 3 weeks
- Teaching practicum support (Prior to registration all students are required to make an arrangement to teach a minimum of two classes per week for a period of 13 consecutive weeks – a total of 26 classes). The e84 team will provide support and feedback during the teaching practicum. Although we will support you to make an arrangement for teaching after your time in Rutland, each student is responsible for his/her own teaching agreements.
- Monthly video conference discussions during the teaching practicum to discuss 4 required reading assignments.
Accommodation and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own housing and transportation. There are hotels and Airbnbs close to the studio. We will do our best to pair you with a roommate if you request one.
Students will submit a $300 USD non-refundable deposit upon completion of their training application to hold their spot. This deposit is part of the training fee and will be deducted from the balance due.
What’s not included
- Cost for the 4 assigned books
If flying, the closest airports are Albany NY, or Burlington VT.
- Arrive no later than March 16. Be ready to begin training in the morning on March 17.
- Depart no earlier than April 7. Do not depart in the evening on April 6.
- Graduation certificates will be issued for this program only after participants complete all of the training requirements, some of which happen after your time in Rutland
- The complete list of graduation requirements are:
- Memorization of instruction set
- 3 weeks of training in Rutland
- Post-training teaching practicum that consists of teaching 2 classes per week for 3 consecutive months (13 weeks)
- Reading assignments of 4 books that were written by the creators and forebearers of the 26&2 sequence. The reading list will be distributed after the 3-week immersion in Rutland
- 4-week practice challenge, which must be complete by March 16, 2024
- Once you complete your registration, you will be contacted by one of the training staff who will be your mentor during your preparation process
To complete your registration, please submit a $300 USD non-refundable deposit. We will not receive your registration without a deposit. After submitting your deposit, your balance for the training is $3200.00 and is due in full 7 days after you submit this application. All payments beyond the $300 USD deposit are non-refundable and transferable ONLY to a future 26&2 training. This is a STRICT payment policy that reflects the commitment needed from all students who apply. Trainees will work extensively with a mentor prior to arriving in Rutland. We will begin to work with you immediately after receiving your payment in full. If you withdraw and transfer your payment to a future training after beginning work with your mentor, you may have to pay up to a $250 mentor’s fee for the work that needs to be repeated, plus an admin fee of up to $300. In the event that we must postpone this training due to COVID-19 or other unanticipated events, your payment will be transferred to the next training, and you will be charged the mentor’s fee for repeated work.
This training requires a minimum of 5 participants. If we do not reach our required minimum, your payment will be refunded or transferred to a future training. We will let you know when we reach our minimum number so that you can make your necessary arrangements, like travel and accommodation.
If you do not stay up-to-date in your memorization assignments, we will defer you to a future training, and you may be assessed transfer fees.
Please make sure that you understand all the requirements of this training as they are quite thorough. After you submit this form, you’ll receive a registration confirmation email with additional information. Once we receive your registration, you will begin your preparation right away. We look forward to working with you.