Virtual Ashtanga Fun-damentals Workshop with Giselle Meagher and Julian Garcia ~ March 6 & 7, 2021
This weekend is an in-depth introduction to the Ashtanga Primary Series led by Giselle Meagher and Julian Garcia. The weekend is appropriate for both those new to the practice, and for seasoned practitioners who wish to explore and deepen their understanding of the practice.
This workshop will be done online. Participants will receive a Zoom link to attend the workshop.
- overview of Ashtanga history
- intro to foundational concepts
- a look into the opening and closing mantras of the series
- breathing mechanics and technique
- an in depth look at Sun Salutations
- half of a primary class (Saturday) and a full primary class (Sunday)
- overview of modifications to ensure that the practice is accessible to all levels
Saturday, March 6
8:00-10:30am Workshop on Primary Series Basics
11:00-12:15pm Half Primary Class
Sunday, March 7
8:00-9:30am Ashtanga history and drills
10:00-12:00pm Full Primary Series
Full Weekend $50
One day $30
Class only $12
Please register below for the full weekend, otherwise contact firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a day pass/drop in class.